The Barden Bunk Barn is as its name suggests. A converted barn (in fact two adjoining barns) converted into self catering accommodation sleeping up to 24. We are not absolutely certain when the barns were built, (they were originally used as stables and storage for the Barden Tower during the middle ages - you can still see the stable latches on the doors and windows) but likely to be the 16th century. The stone walls and timber beams provide a real historical feel and you certainly know it was built to last.
The barn consists of:
- a large community area with three dining tables, a full kitchen with a large fridge, a freezer, cookers, microwave and all the utensils you should require (and if short of anything the restaurant is next door...) and a free to play pool table
- a relaxing area on the mezzanine with couches, chairs, coffee tables, DVD and CD players with a selection of DVD/CD's. Some board games, reading materials and leaflets.
- Two bedrooms of 4, one of which has a double bed
- Separate ladies and gents washrooms with two showers in each
- Fully centrally heated with mobile oil heaters when the weather turns really cold
- 3 great outside seating areas including an enclosed courtyard with a BBQ.
- Parking in front of the barn for 7-8 cars
The barn was fully refurbished in late 2015, with new electrics, furnishings, dining benches and redecoration.