Booking Terms & Conditions
We want all groups staying at the barn to enjoy themselves and get the most from their stay. To avoid any misunderstandings it is advisable to understand our booking terms and conditions beforehand.
The barn is located on a historically important grade 1 listed site and is similarly listed in itself. Consequently, there are certain conditions imposed on what is and isn’t allowed:
1. The barn is not a party venue. We don’t mind those who have booked to stay in the barn having a small celebration amongst themselves within reason. However, the maximum number of guests at the barn at any point during the stay must not exceed the maximum of 24 unless agreed in advance. Any surplus over 24 will be asked to leave.
2. Noise. Guests are requested to act responsibly at all times especially as the barn shares grounds with the Priests House restaurant and there are farms adjacent. This includes keeping noise to a reasonable level especially late at night – our rule is that if after 11pm we can hear music from the restaurant then it is too loud and you must turn it down or off!
3. We do not accept stag / hen parties, single sex groups without prior approval or any groups younger than 25 without proper adult supervision.
4. We allow a maximum of one dog to stay per party by agreement. It must however be comfortable with other animals as there are ducks and sheep in the vicinity.
5. It is the landlords instruction that ball games, camping and lighting fires are strictly prohibited on the grounds.
6. Car parking is tight with space for about 8 vehicles in front of the barn. Any extra will need to be parked on the roadside. The restaurant car park should not be used without prior agreement.
7. Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of 7 days. To confirm a booking a 25% deposit is required together with the completion of the online form. The person submitting the booking form will be the person held responsible for the behaviour of the group.
8. Cancellation of a confirmed booking must be sent in writing (email acceptable). Where the cancellation is more than 30 days before the arrival date the 25% deposit is forfeited. If the cancellation is less than one month before the arrival date then the full balance is payable. Deposits are not refundable.
9. Full payment to be made prior to 30 days of the arrival date. Any bond paid will be refunded at the end of the stay once the condition of the barn has been checked. We reserve the right to deduct a reasonable amount for any breakages or damages or for additional cleaning costs if the barn is left in an unacceptably untidy or dirty condition.
10. The arrival time is normally after 4pm and departure time is 10.30am . We are reasonably flexible dependant on other bookings.
11. We do not accept responsibility for loss of personal possessions, any personal injury suffered or damage to cars on the site.
12. We reserve the right to ask groups to leave if their behaviour is unacceptable, they have or are likely to cause damage to property or disruption to neighbours, or we have reasonable belief that there has been the use of drugs (of whatever class). In such circumstances no refunds will be made.
Barden Tower, Barden, Skipton,
North Yorkshire, BD23 6AS
Tel: 01756 720616 or
Steve on 07809 251785
OPEN All Year Round